Redemption

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redemption

Everquest Emulator Server - Custom.

Healing over time spells...

Mittens
    Admin

Healing over time spells... Empty Healing over time spells...

Post by Mittens Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am

Hello everyone, I figured I would be the first to let everyone know, healing over time spells are done as a direct target spell, I'll try to explain it a little bit better for people...

Every heal over time spell heals the person you are targeting... Example;

Bob (A Spirit Mender) casts Spirit Mend on Joe. Joe is now getting healed by Bob's Spirit Mend. However, Billy needs a heal, so Bob targets Billy to heal him, the next Spirit Mend tick will NOT heal Joe, but will heal Billy instead. For this reason it's recommended every healer class with a healing over time (Holy Templar's and Spirit Mender Keeper's), it is recommended to target yourself first, cast the healing over time spell, and then target whoever you wish to gain the benefit of that effect.

If you have any questions about this, PLEASE do not hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to explain it. This being said, there have been some changes to spell, which is noted in the Changelog located {Here}
    Mittens
    Admin

Healing over time spells... Empty Re: Healing over time spells...

Post by Mittens Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:07 pm

I got a couple more questions on this. So I'll try to explain it a bit better.

Your group consists of a Spirit Mender, Defender and four dps.

Your Spirit Mender (should) casts Spirit Mend on himself and then keep the Defender targeted, as the Defender should be tanking all the hits. Spirit Mend will tick on the >Defender< NOT the Spirit Mender even though he has the buff. Think of it as a direct damage spell, your target takes the damage. Same thing here, your target takes the heal over time effect.

I can post a picture to show you guys if it's still needed, again do not hesitate to ask for it if you need. =)